We're looking for an experienced backend engineer who can contribute to our payment management system. Our preferred stack is a combination of Spring, Scala and Java on the backend. This is an amazing opportunity to have a big impact and get lots of ownership across our product. We're looking for someone who thrives in the very early stages of a company and self-motivated.
What you’ll do
- Be able to deliver features in an end-to-end manner: technical design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Be able to provide technical leadership and own specific areas of the Zact platform
- Facilitate collaboration with your peers, product owners, and designers to seek exciting and complicated problems for delivering quality code.
- Be able to lead code review efforts and quality efforts in your area of ownership
- Participate in product discussions, taking ownership and initiative
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment
Who you are
- You have proven experience developing backend services in a professional setting
- You should have played a lead role in building, shipping and maintaining a non-trivial production service
- You have strong experience with Scala and/or the Java ecosystem
- You are passionate about delivering end-to-end experiences and software architecture across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them together
- You are familiar with modern engineering practices: code reviews, continuous-deployment, automated testing